Information & Database Specialist
Simavi – Powerful women, healthy societies.
Simavi is looking for an
Information & Database Specialist (32-36 hours per week)
Do you stand for Simavi’s mission and vision? Are you a real information management and database tiger? Do you know how to build a solid bridge between marketing and business management needs and system- and database resources? Is can do your middle name and do you feel at home in an agile working environment? Oh yes, we are so glad we’ve found you!
Our mission is a healthy life for all. We strive for a world in which women and girls are socially and economically empowered and pursue their rights to live a healthy life free from discrimination, coercion and violence. Read more about our work at www.simavi.org.
Your role at Simavi
It is your goal to support Simavi on information and database systems in such a way that systems and processes are functional and operational. You build bridges between marketing and business management needs and system- and database resources. And you are responsible for functional application management and database implementation in such way that marketing and business processes are optimally supported in their information needs.
More concrete; we are in the mid of an ambitious data management project, aiming for a 360 supporter view – connecting all our data sources towards an integrated data platform. You will be part of our core team, and managing this project towards a successful outcome.
You report to the Director Finance & Operations and have a functional line with our Director Private Fundraising.
Your result areas
1. Management information systems
- Is in the role of functional application manager point of contact within the organisation for the IT applications and databases in use and also the point of contact for the suppliers of these applications and databases (SalesForce, ProjectConnect, Pluriform)
- Identifies trends in and development of the information needs of the organisation and (new) possibilities and applications of the IT resources and advises the organisation on the effective and efficient use of it
- Develops and provides automated reports for internal and external information provision around the central business and marketing processes
- Is responsible for the guidance of key-users in the design and implementation of (new) applications within the organization
- Is responsible for coordinating the testing of new applications and releases, ensures that tests are done effectively, so that the applications can be safely put into use
- Adjusts system configurations to better meet the wishes and needs of the employees and provides applications and authorizes users, within the set guidelines.
- Identifies questions, reports and complaints about the use of the various applications and resolves them, whether or not in consultation with the software supplier
- Acts as a second-line helpdesk for questions about the use of databases by the field offices
2. Database management and analysis
- Ensures proper set up, maintenance and improvements of the database structures, the data integrity and the processes around the databases, in line with the business needs
- Prepares selections for marketing and business information purposes; generates (standardized) reports, dashboards and data models.
- Prepares (marketing) analyses and –reports and constructs customer profiles and segmentations
- Safeguards data security and compliancy with data related laws and regulations (f.i. GDPR)
- Ensures proper sharing and integration with in- and external data sources
Our dream candidate
- You have an HBO level of education (i.e. applied sciences),
- a minimum of 3 years working experience in a similar position,
- sound knowledge of database applications (preferably SalesForce – Administrative Essentials) and
- affinity with (functional) IT solutions.
- You eat, sleep and breathe data and surprise us what you are able to do with it.
- Your internal customer is king and you are known for your can do mentality
- You have strong advisory and communicative skills,
- are a born project lead (preferably with SCRUM skills) and are
- fluent in English and Dutch; at the coffee machine, but also in writing.
- You stand your ground and know how to provide and receive feedback in a positive way.
- You’re a team player and are open to others opinions and ideas.
- You are eligible to work in the Netherlands.
What do we offer?
An exciting, key position in an international working environment. Besides a fun and healthy working environment (e.g. weekly online bootcamp or yoga sessions, agile way of working), we are an equal opportunity employer meaning we don’t discriminate in our hiring practices and we actively seek a diverse applicant pool. Our five core values lie at the basis of everything we do: just, sustainable, empowering, inspiring, connecting.
We offer a contract for 1 year for 32-36 hours per week with possible extension (hours in consultation with selected candidate). The salary we offer depends on the years of working experience you bring along and will be within the salary range of € 2,797.- and € 3,945.- gross per month for 36 hours per week (i.e. a fulltime contract). Furthermore, part of our terms of employment are: 5 weeks vacation per year, 8% holiday allowance, commuting allowance (as of >10 kilometres), a defined contribution pension insurance and a disability insurance.
Our office is located at Naritaweg 135, which is a 2 minutes’ walk from train station Amsterdam Sloterdijk.
How to apply?
Does the profile scream your name and do you already get excited while reading about the content of this job? Then don’t let us wait any longer and upload your motivation letter and resume (in English, max. 4 pages) before 5 April 2021 via this application link: https://simavi.onlinevacatures.nl/en/job/181089/apply.
Do you have questions about this position? Please contact Albert Klomp (Director Finance & Operations) via email@example.com.
Is this not your challenge? Support Simavi by sharing this vacancy with your network!
The interviews will take place between 12 and 23 April (2 rounds in total). The selected candidate will be asked to provide references and a Certificate of Conduct. This is part of all our recruitment procedures.
Because physical and emotional safety of children is crucial for Simavi, we do not accept any form of abuse. Child safeguarding is addressed in our recruitment and selection process.
Commercial inquiries or job postings are not appreciated or accepted regarding this vacancy.